Children of the Corn/Fun Facts
From The Grindhouse Cinema Database
- On the dashboard of Burt and Vicki's car is a copy of Night Shift, the Stephen King short story collection in which Children of the Corn originally appeared.
- Though real corn was used for most of filming, polyurethane corn had to be used for the more difficult action sequences.
- In the original theatrical trailer, Stephen King's name is misspelled as "Steven".
- The tagline "And a child shall lead them" comes from Isaiah 11:6 in the Old Testament, which reads, "And the wolf shall dwell with the lamb, and the leopard shall lie down with the kid; and the calf and the young lion and the fatling together; and a little child shall lead them."
- In the original story, Isaac and Malachi's real names were William Renfrew and Craig Boardman, respectively.
- R.G. Armstrong filmed his scenes in one day.
- The Song "Disciples of the Watch" by American Thrash Metal Band Testament was inspired by this film.
- Michael and Corey Frizzell, the nephews of legendary country music stars Lefty Frizzell & David Frizzell and sons of Country Gospel great Allen Frizzell (once married to country star Shelly West), played extras at the age of 8 and 9. Michael was also Robby Kiger's (Job) stunt double. Corey was also a stand in for Kiger.