Cannibal Holocaust/DVD/25th Anniversary Limited Edition Review
From The Grindhouse Cinema Database
< Cannibal Holocaust | DVD
25th Anniversary Limited Edition Review
- Audio Commentary by Director Ruggero Deodato and Star Robert Kerman: This feature is really great because you get to hear Deodato's thoughts on the film now. When it began, I heard Ruggero speaking in Italian, and thought: "Oh no, I hope this isn't all Italian!" But he soon began to talk with Star Robert Kerman in semi-understandable English. The two seem to be on relatively good terms during this commentary, but something in Kerman's tone gives a feeling of tension in certain parts, especially during the animal death scenes which he is strongly against.
- PLAYBACK OPTION - CHOOSE WHICH CUT YOU'D LIKE TO WATCH: Uncensored Directors Cut | Animal Cruelty Free Cut - Selected Visual Commentary (when you see the skull pop up on screen, press ENTER on your remote and you will see Deodato and Kerman recording their commentary).
- THE GREEN INFERNO: Biographies on the Filmmakers (Alan Yates, Jack Anders, Faye Daniels, Mark Tomaso and Felipe Ocanya) | The Search Team (Dr. Harold Monroe, Chacko Losojos, and Miguel Lujan)| The Cannibal Tribes (The Yacumos, The Shamatari, and The Yanomamo) | The New Findings (A still gallery of newly found pictures from the jungle expedition) | The Last Road To Hell (Alternate Version) Never before seen footage of the documentary by the four lost filmmakers | The Original Script for DVD-ROM: Read the Cannibal Holocaust script in its entirety on your PC!
- IN THE JUNGLE: THE MAKING OF CANNIBAL HOLOCAUST: Includes interviews with Director Ruggero Deodato, Composer Riz Ortolani, Cinematographer Sergio D'Offizi, Co-Star Luca Barshareschi. The cast and crew talk about making the film in Colombia and how much of an adventure it was. The controversy caused by the film was completely real and it almost ruined Deodato's life. Riz Ortolani speaks about how the music for the film was chosen to not overpower the scenes but to heighten the feelings of dread by having a more mellow score. I think the score for this film is genius. Riz talks about how after seeing the film Mondo Cane, that Ruggero Deodato wanted him to score this film. The DP, Sergio D'Offizi, speaks about how he actually doesn't like the violence and gore in films, but as an artist, he loves what he does so much that he never saw the violence in the film while shooting, to him it was his job and he loved it regardless. The closing credits of this featurette are accompanied by a shot of Riz Ortolani playing the Cannibal Holocaust Title theme on the piano as Ruggero Deodato watches.
- Exclusive On Camera Interviews with Ruggero Deodato, Riz Ortolani, Robert Kerman and Co-Star Gabriel Yorke (Alan Yates Uncovered): Watch for the great interview with Star Robert Kerman who opens up on his feelings about the film which aren't really positive. Kerman also speaks about working with Deodato and that he didn't particularly get along with him. Kerman seems pretty bitter about certain things even in 2000 (when this interview took place). Kerman even goes so far to ask the interviewers to cut out the footage of the monkey being killed in the film for the DVD re-release. Alan Yates Uncovered with Gabriel Yorke is another excellent interview which clues us into how he got the part of Alan Yates. We also find out a lot more about his experiences shooting in the jungles of Colombia with Ruggero and he talks about working with the cast and crew as well as his feelings on the highly violent sequences that are shown in the film.
- Extensive Biographies for Director Ruggero Deodato, Robert Kerman and Gabriel Yorke | Original Theatrical Trailers: Italian - German - US Original - US Re-Release | Production Stills, Publicity Cut Outs & Movie Still Gallery: An incredible array of visual documents from the one that goes all the way! | Necrophagia's CANNIBAL HOLOCAUST Music Video By Jim Van Bebber: Rock out with Jims tribute to the film!
- GRINDHOUSE RELEASING COMING ATTRACTIONS (Trailers): Cannibal Ferox (Slap her again!) | The Tough Ones (Loved this one! Tomas Milian rules!) | The Beyond (One of my all time favorites!) | Cat In The Brain (Lucio Fulci in front of the camera and lots of super gory sequences!) | I Drink Your Blood/I Eat Your Skin (A boy injects rabies into some meat pies and the fun times begin!) | Scum of The Earth (The lowest form of white trash you'll ever meet!) | Gone With The Pope (This trailer is just incredible! You want T&A? You Want Popesploitation? You got it!)
- CANNIBAL EASTER EGGS (Look closely for these cool hidden features): TRAILERS for: Jungle Holocaust | The House On The Edge of The Park | Debbie Does Dallas | Eaten Alive
- HIGHLIGHTS FROM THE CANNIBAL HOLOCAUST RE-RELEASE PREMIERE SCREENING: RUGGERO DEODATO WANDERS AROUND AND EATS SOME APPLE PIE BEFORE THE CULT CON 2000 Q & A | GRINDHOUSE RELEASING CREW CHASES DOWN ALAN YATES | OUTTAKES FROM THE DEODATO-KERMAN AUDIO COMMENTARY RECORDING SESSION | DEODATO VS. KERMAN ROUND TWO! DING! DING!