From The Grindhouse Cinema Database
Bloodsucking Freaks (1976, USA) is a Shock-Horror film directed by Joel M. Reed.
- Contents: Watch Trailer | Film Review | Blu Ray | Available DVDs | Poster Art | Press Kit | Fun Facts
- Featured in: Trailer Trauma (BluRay) | Drive In Delirium: The New Batch (BluRay)
- Included in: Depraved Delights: 20 Grindhouse Cinema Shockers
- Released in 1976
- Running Time: 91 min | Australia:89 min (uncut version) | France:88 min | USA:88 min (director's cut)
- Distribution Co: American Film Distributing Corporation (AFDC) (1976) (USA) (theatrical) | Troma Entertainment (1981) (USA) (theatrical) (retitled re-release)
- Written and Directed by Joel M. Reed
- Starring Seamus O'Brien, Luis De Jesus, Viju Krem
- Produced by Alan C. Margolin, Joel M. Reed
- Original Music by Michael Sahl
- Cinematography by Ron Dorfman
- Film Editing by Joel R. Herson, Victor Kanefsky
- Special Effects by Bob O'Bradovich
- Choreography by Gyles Fontaine
- Sardu, master of the Theatre of the Macabre, and his assistant Ralphus run a show in which, under the guise of 'magic', they torture and murder people in front of their audience. But what the spectators see as a trick is actually real.
Also Known As
- Blood Sucking Freaks (USA) (reissue title)
- Bloodsucking Freaks (USA) (promotional title)
- Heritage of Caligula
- Incredible Torture Show (France) (video box title)
- Sardu (USA) (informal alternative title)
- Sardu, Master of the Screaming Virgins (USA) (original script title)
- The Heritage of Caligula: An Orgy of Sick Minds (USA) (video title)
- The House of the Screaming Virgins
- Join The Fun!...Human Dart Boards..."Home Style Brain Surgery"...Dental Hijinks!
- You'll scream your head off!
- Only once in a century can such evil live...
- SARDU: he was the creator -- the director -- the master!