From The Grindhouse Cinema Database
Black Sabbath (1963, Italy/USA/France) is a Gothic Horror film directed by Mario Bava. The US version differs strongly from the original European version (different order of stories, modifications to stories, etc.)
- Contents: Watch Trailer | Review #1 | Available DVDs | Blu Ray | Review #2 | Poster Art | Press Kit | Soundtrack
- Released in 1963 | Color
- Running Time: 92 Min.
- Production Co: Alta Vista Film Production (in association with) | Emmepi Cinematografica | Galatea Film | Societé Cinématographique Lyre
- Distribution Co: Rank Organisation Div. Belgium and Luxemburg, The (1963) (Belgium) (theatrical) | Rank Organisation Div. Belgium and Luxemburg (1963) (Luxembourg) (theatrical) | American International Pictures (AIP) (1964) (USA) (theatrical) (English dubbed) | Astral Films (1964) (Canada) (theatrical)
- Directed by Mario Bava/Salvatore Billitieri
- Written by Mario Bava, Alberto Bevilacqua, Ivan Chekhov, Marcello Fondato, F.G. Snyder, Aleksei Tolstoy
- Starring Michèle Mercier, Lidia Alfonsi, Boris Karloff, Mark Damon, Susy Andersen
- Produced by Salvatore Billitteri, Paolo Mercuri
- Original Music by Les Baxter (US version), Roberto Nicolosi
- Cinematography by Ubaldo Terzano, Mario Bava (uncredited)
- Film Editing by Mario Serandrei
- Boris Karloff hosts a trio of horror stories concerning a stalked call girl, a vampire-like monster who preys on his family, and a nurse who is haunted by her ring's rightful owner.
Also Known As
- Les Trois visages de la peur (Canada) (French title) / France
- Die Drei Gesichter der Furcht (Germany)
- I skräckens klor (Sweden)
- Der Ring der Verdammten (Austria)
- The Three Faces of Fear
- The Three Faces of Terror
- As Três Máscaras do Terror (Brazil)
- Las Tres caras del miedo (Spain)
- A story that goes beyond the boundaries of the Supernatural to the half-world of the living dead. Where a woman's soul inhabits a fly's body, where Vengeance is only a voice and where vampires suck only the blood of those they love dearest.
- This is the night of the nightmare...The day of the Undead.
- This is the night of the nightmare...
- ...The most gruesome day in the calendar of the Undead!
- The most gruesome day in the calendar!
- Not Since 'FRANKENSTEIN' Have You Seen Such Horror!
- A story that goes beyond the boundaries of the Supernatural to the half-world of the living dead...Where a woman's soul inhabits a fly's body... where vampires suck only the blood of those they love dearest.