From The Grindhouse Cinema Database
Black Christmas (1974, Canada) is a Horror film directed by Bob Clark.
- Contents: Watch Trailer | Film Review | Available DVDs | Blu Ray | Review #2 | Poster Art | Press Kit | Fun Facts
- Featured in: Mad Ron's Prevues From Hell
- Included in: The Lucky 13: Slasher Film Classics | GCDb Top 20 Horror Classics
- Released in 1974
- Runtime: 94 min (PAL) / 98 min (NTSC)
- Aspect Ratio: (1.85:1)
- Rated: R
- Production Co: Film Funding Ltd. of Canada (as Film Funding), Vision IV, Canadian Film Development Corporation (CFDC) (with the participation of), Famous Players (with the participation of), August Films (uncredited)
- Distributed by Ambassador Film Distributors (1974) (Canada) (theatrical), Warner Bros. Pictures (1974) (USA) (theatrical)
- Directed by Bob Clark
- Written by Roy Moore
- Starring: Olivia Hussey, Keir Dullea, Margot Kidder, John Saxon, Marian Waldman, Andrea Martin, James Edmond, Doug McGrath (as Douglas McGrath), Art Hindle, Lynne Griffin, Michael Rapport, Leslie Carlson (as Les Carlson), Martha Gibson, John Rutter, Robert Warner, Syd Brown, Jack Van Evera, Les Rubie, Marcia Diamond, Pam Barney, Robert Hawkins, David Clement, Julian Reed, Dave Mann, John Stoneham Sr. (as John Stoneham), Danny Gain, Tom Foreman, Bob Clark (Prowler Shadow / Phone Voice) (uncredited), Nick Mancuso
- Produced by Gerry Arbeid, Bob Clark, Findlay Quinn, Richard Schouten
- Original Music by Carl Zittrer
- Cinematography by Reginald H. Morris (as Reg Morris)
- Film Editing by Stan Cole
Also Known As
- Jessy - Die Treppe in den Tod (Germany)
- Un Natale rosso sangue (Italy)
- Silent Night, Evil Night
- Stranger in the House (USA TV Title)
- If this picture doesn't make your skin crawl... It's On Too Tight!
- Christmas is coming early this year. And it's murder.
- The sort of Christmas you don't dream of.
- A Christmas of another colour brings a killer on the loose!
- Twas the Night, Before Christmas, and All Through the House, a Creature was stirring. The Stockings were Hung by the Chimney with care, but it was Hard to Say that St. Nick would be there. A Christmas of another Colour, brings a Killer on the Loose.
- Have Yourself a Scary Little, Black Christmas. It's Not at All Like the Ones You Used to Know.
- He Knows When You're Sleeping, He Knows if You're Awake, He KNOWS...
- It's beginning to look a lot like -- bloodshed! Christmas is almost here, and a deranged, axe-wielding psycho is terrorizing a sorority. As it happens, the mad murderer also makes obscene phone calls -- and he lives right above the girls..