Big Bad Mama
From The Grindhouse Cinema Database
- Contents: Watch Trailer | Available DVDs | Blu Ray | Poster Art | Press Kit | Fun Facts
- You Might Also Like: The Lady in Red | Boxcar Bertha | Bloody Mama
- Featured on: TCM Underground
- Released in 1974
- Running Time: 83 Min.
- Production Companies: Hit Woman Productions Inc. | New World Pictures | Santa Cruz Productions Inc.
- Distribution Co: New World Pictures (1974) (USA) (theatrical) | International Film Distributors (1974) (Canada) (theatrical) | EMI Film Distributors (1974) (UK) (theatrical) | France-Inter Cinéma (1982) (France) (theatrical)
- Directed by Steve Carver
- Written by William W. Norton, Frances Doel
- Starring Angie Dickinson, William Shatner, Tom Skerritt, Robbie Lee and Susan Sennett
- Produced by Roger Corman, Jon Davison, Teri Schwartz
- Original Music by David Grisman
- Cinematography by Bruce Logan
- Film Editing by Tina Hirsch
- Wilma gave her daughters everything: her looks, her lovers and the crime of their lives!
- Men, Money And Moonshine: When It Comes To Vice, Mama Knows Best.
- Hot Lead - Hot Cars - Hot Damn!
Angie Dickinson plays Wilma McClatchie (the character is based on the real life Ma Barker who was also portrayed by Shelley Winters a few years earlier in Bloody Mama). Wilma and her two daughters Billy Jean (Susan Sennett) and Polly (Robbie Lee of Switchblade Sisters) are forced into bootlegging and bank robbing and running from the law. This film also stars William Shatner (Star Trek) as Bill Baxter and Tom Skerritt (Cheech and Chong's Up In Smoke).