From The Grindhouse Cinema Database
Beach Ball (1965, USA) is a Beach Party film directed by Lennie Weinrib.
- Contents: Watch Trailer | Theme Song
- Released in 1965
- Running time: 83 mins
- Distribution Co: Paramount Pictures
- Directed by Lennie Weinrib
- Produced by Bart Patton, Gene Corman
- Written by David Malcolm
- Starring Edd Byrnes
- Cinematography by Floyd Crosby
- Edited by Karl Ward
- Edd Byrnes tries to get an ethnic-music-studies grant to buy instruments for his rock and roll group, the Wigglers. College-finance-committee members Chris Noel, Gail Gilmore, Mikki Jameson and Brenda Benet uncover the scam and tear up the check, but the Wigglers play a Long Beach, California custom-car show in drag and win first prize. The Supremes do "Come to the Beach Ball with Me" and "Surfer Boy;" the Four Seasons sing their 1964 hit "Dawn;" the Hondells sing Brian Wilson's "My Buddy Seat;" the Righteous Brothers do "Baby What You Want Me to Do;" and the Walker Brothers cut loose with "Doin' the Jerk.
- Nothing bounces like...