From The Grindhouse Cinema Database
- The role of Jinguji was written for Toshirô Mifune, but his prior commitment to Akira Kurosawa's Akahige (1965) made it impossible for him to participate.
- In the English dubbed version released by American International, the character name of Jinjugi is retained in the dubbing. In material released by American International, the named has been changed to "Shinguji."
- In promotional material issued by American International, Yu Fujiki is credited as playing the "submarine captain." Fujiki played "Yoshito," the photographer's assistant. Jun Tazaki played Captain Jinguji.
- In material released in the United States, the billing for Akemi Kita has been elevated to one of the main stars. She appears only briefly as the photographer's model (in a bikini) in the pre-title sequence.
- The huge success of Irwin Allen's Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea (1961) in Japan inspired producer Tomoyuki Tanaka to create his own super-submarine movie.