Alice, Sweet Alice/Fun Facts
From The Grindhouse Cinema Database
- Paula E. Sheppard, who played 12-year-old Alice, was 19 during the making of the film.
- When Father Tom stands in the rain, watching Mrs. Tredoni check the mail, a poster for the film Psycho (1960) can be seen in the background.
- Father Tom drives a 1957 Ford Fairlane.
- Linda Miller was injured while filming the scene in the hospital, and production had to be halted for a month. Fortunately, she didn't have to go far for medical help since they were filming in a hospital.
- The knife used in the film was created by Alfred Sole's neighbor, who was an engineer, and was designed with a retractable blade. It was the only knife used in the film; the filmmakers never made any duplicates.
- Was partially inspired by the film Don't Look Now (1973), especially the usage of the yellow raincoats.
- Brooke Shields's first movie.