From The Deuce
- You take a load of 200 proof corn liquor through a Georgia roadblock at 100 miles an hour, and if you ain't a dead man, you're a moonrunner!
- "Thunder Road" was only a practice run. This is the real thing!
- Released in 1975
- Running Time: 110 Min.
- Production Co: Moonrunner
- Distribution Co: United Artists (1975) (USA) (theatrical)
Cast and Crew
- Directed by Gy Waldron
- Starring James Mitchum, Kiel Martin, Arthur Hunnicut, George Ellis, Joan Blackman, Waylon Jennings
- Produced by Bob Clark
- Original Music by Waylon Jennings
- Cinematography by Brian W. Roy
- Film Editing by Avrum M. Fine
Waylon Jennings is "The Balladeer", who provides the voice narration and guitar background music to the proceedings. Moonrunners an action-comedy about two good ol boys named Grady (James Mitchum) and Bobby Lee (Kiel Martin) They run white lightnin' for their Uncle Jesse (Arthur Hunnicutt) to support themselves. They also work part time for Jake Rainy (George Ellis) a local businessman. The local Sheriff is always tryin' to mess with the boys which results in alot of car chases and crashes. Theres a couple of moonshiners named Cooter (name sound familiar?) and Zeebo, who are trying to knock down Grady and Bobby Lee.