Kingdom of the Spiders/DVD/Special Edition Review
From The Grindhouse Cinema Database
- Picture: Presented in (1:85:1) Anamorphic Widescreen. The new DVD transfer is highly defined. Colors are bright, dark contrasts are deep. A great way to see the film if its your first time, or if you saw the film at the theater or on VHS, it will be like seeing it fresh.
- Audio: Dolby Digital 2.0. audio comes through sharp/clear, featuring a great library score by Jerry Goldsmith (Twilight Zone source cues) with some enjoyable country songs by Dorsey Burnette.
- SPECIAL FEATURES: Interview with star William Shatner: Bill talks about working with the spiders and his thoughts on the more serious aspects of the film's storyline including environmental issues. Overall, enjoyable as usual to listen to Bill describe his experiences on the movie.
- Audio Commentary with director John Bud Cardos, Producer Igo Kantor, Spider Wrangler Jim Brockett and Cinemtographer John Morrill. Moderated by Lee Christian and HOSTEL producer Scott Spiegel: A treat for film geeks to hear all about the movies production from the main people behind it, film geeks Lee Christian and Scott Spiegel add even more fun to the proceedings with their movie trivia and hilarious reactions to the spider scenes. A great commentary track for this 70s exploitation classic.
- Interview with writer Steve Lodge
- Jim Brockett: Spider Wrangler Featurette
- Rare Behind The Scenes Footage, Poster Gallery, Original Theatrical Trailer
- Final Bite: The Special Edition of Kingdom of the Spiders from Shout Factory is an excellent way to see the movie for longtime fans. Filled with cool extras and in depth info on the making of a cult classic. Great job! --PopeyePete 19:03, 12 January 2010 (UTC)