- Packaging: Contained in a double snap case with special plastic 3-D holographic outer cover. A nice touch!
- Picture: Presented in (1:85:1) Anamorphic Widescreen. Color. This new DVD transfer looks excellent. Overall quality is nicely sharpened. Colors are bright. Dark contrasts are deep.
- Audio: The film is presented in Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround Sound with English, French & Spanish Mono tracks included. The sound comes through nicely with Harry Manfredini's iconic score as the highlight. The audible stings and stabs will make you jump right out of your seat!
- Audio Commentary with Director Joseph Zito, Screenwriter Barney Cohen and editor Joel Goodman: A well done, informative commentary on the making of the film.
- Audio Commentary with fans Adam Green and Joe Lynch: Out of the two commentary features this one with filmmakers/fans Green and Lynch is the most fun. The two energetic Friday fanatics expound plenty of great trivia on the film as well as discussing the things they love most about the movie's history/making. A very cool addition that film fans will enjoy!
- Lost Tales From Camp Blood - Part 4: Another thrilling episode based on the Friday The 13th series.
- Slashed Scenes: Excellent behind the scenes footage of the FX crew working on the entire cast being killed by Jason.
- Jason's Unlucky Day: 25 Years After Friday The 13th: The Final Chapter: Director Joseph Zito, Screenwriter Barney Cohen, Stuntman Ted White (Jason) and actors Kimberly Beck (Trish), Erich Anderson (Rob), Bonnie Hellman (The Fat Hitchhiker) and Special FX maestro Tom Savini talk about working on the film and how it was originally meant to be the end of the series with the death of Jason. Theres some very cool outtake footage of the actors working on the scenes. Also some interesting dream sequence footage of Trish finding her dead mother in the bathtub with Jason attacking at the same time. As a longtime fan of the series and general film geek, I really got a thrill out of seeing this!
- The Lost Ending (Commentary by Joseph Zito and Kimberly Beck): The lost silent footage of a "Morning After" dream sequence. As we move into the Jarvis house, ashamble from the previous nights attack by Jason, we see Trish and Tommy have passed out on the couch with Rob's dead body lying on the floor. Trish and Tommy wake up, and Trish sees water dripping down from upstairs where she discovers her mothers dead body in the bathtub. She begins crying and suddenly her mothers eyes open and are all white. Jason stands behind her with his machete, mask off and strikes her. She wakes up in the hospital. End of scene.
- The Crystal Lake Massacres Revisited Part 1: A comedic fictional historical documentary on Crystal Lake. Several Crystal Lake "townies" are interviewed.
- Jimmy's Dead Fuck Dance Moves: Extended outtake footage of Crispin Glover's wacky dancing from the party cabin sequence. It is noted that Crispin really danced this way in night clubs at the time the film was made and he simply performed his own moves in the film.
- Original Theatrical Trailer
FINAL WORD: The best DVD release of this 80s slasher classic so far. Highly recommended! Thank you Paramount Home Video!!
--PopeyePete 15:14, 23 June 2009 (UTC)